Monday, November 20, 2006

Pray always

Br. James Brent has a good article on prayer over at catholic exchange.com. The link to his article is HERE. With that in mind there is a very good website run by some Jesuits in Ireland called Sacred Space. Its purpose is to help lead you in prayer by using short prayers leading up to the daily gospel reading, and then it asks you to meditate on that reading. Try it out sometime, its nice to use between classes or during a break at work.

Also, the same group of Jesuits has a site called Pray-as-you-Go. This website has daily meditaional prayer that center on the daily gospel reading, but these are downloadable mp3's so you can "pray as you go." I think they're pretty neat. They also have a "final review of the day" mp3 as well, but I keep forgetting to listen to that one. Whoops. Even if you don't have an mp3 player you can listen to these tracks via windows media player or via whatever your default audio player is. I hope you like them.

I've also linked their mission statement here (the jesuits that is) so you can find out more about them.

3 comments:

Julie D. said...

I really like pray-as-you-go. I listen after dropping of Rose at school on my way to work. Gets the whole day started well and they ask me to meditate about Scripture in ways that I probably wouldn't otherwise.

aggiecatholic said...

You're right, their guided meditations using are great. Do you know of anymore sites like that?

Julie D. said...

Nope ...