Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Son of a priest who didn't get a Catholic education

There's a story from the San Francisco Chronicle (suprise, suprise) about the son of a former priest calling for an end to priestly celibacy. Get the story HERE.

Something strikes me as odd, and I don't mean the fact that he doesn't know the difference between a dogma and a discipline: "As it turns out, the church's absolute celibacy dogma is relatively recent..."

Instead, its his ending that seems a bit familiar:
"Why leave the future of the institution to the anemic power of prayer when the
answer may be as simple as lifting the proscription on priests as patriarchs?"


Maybe its just me...
"Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the
kingdoms of the world and their splendor. All this I will give you," he said,
"if you will bow down and worship me."

No comments: